Table of Contents
Consult this guide for suggestions on where to look for sources, how to evaluate scholarly vs. popular, and how to cite sources.
- Home - Start here.
- Books - Books and ebooks, both in our collection or obtainable from all overt he world.
- Articles - Suggestions on where to search for peer-reviewed, scholarly journal articles.
- Reference resources - encyclopedias, dictionaries, and
- Multimedia - Eduational resources, including video, blog, and podcasts.
- News - RSS feeds from a variety of neurogenetics-related sources.
- More - More research help
Not Sure Where to Start?
Here are widely-used research databases in biological sciences:
How do genes contribute to the neural basis of behavior? How can we use what we know about genetics to dissect how neurons and neural circuits work? Neurogenetics attempts to answer these questions. In this course we will learn how to study neurobiology as a geneticist. By analyzing the primary literature, we will study which genes are critically important for certain behaviors, and we will learn how we can exploit genetics to elucidate how neurons and nervous systems work. (Ernstrom, G. 2013. Introduction. BIOL 0420 Fall 2013 Syllabus.)