Table of Contents
Not sure where to start? Begin here.
Encyclopedias, dictionaries, maps, stats, and more.
Find books on your topic both here at Midd and beyond.
Discover library databases, journals, and articles.
Created at the time of an event or time period, primary sources may include newspaper articles, memoirs, letters, and more.
DVDs, Video, Music CDs, Audiobooks, Podcasts, and Art.
Recommended websites, citation help, and research tips.
Welcome Portuguese School!
- Print: Print either to the Library_Printers or Non_Library_Printer queues, and release your print jobs from any of several different printing stations. Printing prices for Language School students and faculty.
- Reserves: located behind the Circulation Desk.
- Movies: DVDs are located on the shelves facing the library entrance. You can watch with headphones at any of the media viewing stations on the Main Level, near the Research Desk. You can also watch movies in our Group Viewing Rooms, LIB 240 A & B.
- Study at the Library: Find places to study and collaborate in the library. Study rooms are first come, first serve. The library has study carrels reserved for each Language School.
Where to Find...
- Language DVDs, popular books (including graphic novels and Harry Potter), magazines, and dictionaries. (1 on map)
- Research Desk: Consult a librarian. (2 on map)
- Librarian Offices: Knock on our doors any time! (3 on map)
- Language books: Lower level of the library.
- Journals, magazines, and newspapers: Lower level of the library.
Related Research Guides
Citation and Style Guide
Provides an overview of why and how we cite, as well as practical introductions to APA, Chicago/Turabian, MLA, and other citation styles. Additional information on citation management tools (Zotero, RefWords) and plagiarism is provided.
Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Studies Research Guide
Detailed list of resources for LGBT studies at Midd.
Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies Research Guide
Detailed list of resources for GSFS at Midd.
Library and Technology Guide
Take a quick tour of library and technology resources at Midd. This guide tells you the best places to study, where you can find computers, and tips for getting the most out of the library. The guide also provides a general introduction to LIS services, research basics, finding articles, books, reference sources, stats, and multimedia. Includes maps.
Comprehensive list of Reference materials at Midd, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, government documents, maps, stats, and more.
Sociology Research Guide
Detailed list of resources for Sociology at Midd.
Spanish Research Guide
Detailed list of resources for Spanish at Midd.